Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I'm not mad, but he could have asked first...

Last Sunday, I arrived early to my weekly screening of Entourage on HBO.  I didn't mind waiting though.  Not when my present company had on the season premiere of the CBC's "Battle of the Blades".  CBC what?  Battle of the Blades who?  I thought channel 3 only broadcast from 4-10PM on Saturdays.  I was wrong.  For ten minutes I sat and watched in awe as Tie Domi picked off each and every number in my limited dance repertoire:  Index-Finger-Wind-Up - 2:56.  Cocked-Chicken-Wings - 2:59.  Rolling-Hand-Buildup - 3:22.  Pick-up-your-Partner-and-Smile - 3:35. 




He left me empty-handed, drained of every ounce of ammunition I ever had walking into the trenches of the club: the dance floor.  Was I mad?  Not really.  I heard Bob Probert was eliminated.  That's unfortunate.

It all worked out though.  30 minutes later the Big Guy came down and said, "Perkins, cheer up buddy.  Does this make you happy?"

And it did.

No comments:

Post a Comment